Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Game Day Chili Dogs

Watching old Alabama football games this week, including one we lost, put me in the mood for some tailgate food.  One of our favorite game day foods is chili dogs.
We found the Packo's chili at our local Fresh Market so we are going to try that on our dogs this week. We normally use Castleberry with onions.
Rough chop a medium onion.
We are going to saute them in a little olive oil.
When they start to get soft and a little brown dump some kraut in the pan as well.  Sautéed onions and kraut on a hot dog are so good.  Try it I think you will like it if you like kraut.
Let that get all nice and warm, then turn the heat off.
I had been looking on Amazon at bun steamers.  I found one I like but when I was in my cabinet getting out the pot to put some corn on I found this handy dandy little tray.  My mother gave me this to grill veggies out on the gas grill.  It fits perfect on top of the boil pot of corn.  I created my own bun steamer.  Necessity is the mother of invention.

A little mustard and ketcup on the buns, then the hot dog, chili, cheese and then the wonderful sauteed onions and kraut.  You notice only one of those hot dogs has the kraut.  Someone who shall remain nameless does not like kraut.  The Packo chili is good but it is spicy.  If you don't like real spicy foods you might not like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment