Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Honey Chicken Salad

I found this recipe several months ago I think in Southern Living and had been wanting to try it.  I know my regular chicken salad recipe is pretty good and I know some would say if it ain't broke don't fix it.  But this recipe intrigued me.  The thought of peaches and blackberries in a chicken salad sounded really good.
The first thing you need to do is boil your chicken.  Add a little salt, pepper and parsley.

After it is cooled cut up the chicken.
Other than the chicken all you need is mayo, honey, pecans and the fruit.
The recipe calls for 1 1/2 cup of mayo.  I think in the future I might use a little bit less.
To that add 1/3 c honey.
Whisk it together.
Add the mayo to the chicken.
Chop about a 1/2 c of pecans.  This is probably a little more than a half cup.  I didn't bother measuring them.
Chop up 3/4 c peaches.  I didn't measure them either.
I cut the blackberries in half.  You need about 3/4 c of these too. The recipe called for 3 celery ribs diced.  I didn't add the celery.  It isn't because I don't like celery it's just that I didn't have any.
Toss it all together.  I let it sit overnight so that all the flavors will blend or "marry".

Honey Chicken Salad Recipe
1/2 c chopped pecans
4 c cooked chicken
3 celery ribs diced
3/4 c chopped fresh peaches
3/4 c fresh blackberries
1 1/2 c mayo
1/3 c honey
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.  Whisk the mayo, and next three ingredients.  Add to chicken mixture.


No comments:

Post a Comment