Thursday, August 16, 2012

Blackberry Smoothie

This recipe has been sitting on my counter all summer long.  Today I decided I was going to try it. I was not disappointed.
I changed up the ingredients a little bit from the original recipe.
I started by adding one small container of vanilla Greek yogurt and 1/2 c orange juice into the blender.
I added 1 tablespoon of honey.
About a cup of frozen blackberries.
The original recipe called for mixed berries, I chose to use frozen cherries.
Blend well in the blender.  Make sure all the fruit is chopped up.
Pour in a glass and enjoy.  Now it's time to go finish my book.

Blackberry Smoothie

1 c orange juice
1 c plain yogurt
2 T honey
1 1/2 c fresh or frozen blackberries
1/2 c frozen mixed berries

You could probably use different fruit with the same base recipe.  I want to try some peaches next.  You could always substitute 2% milk for the orange juice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment