Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Wonton Crackers

I have made these things several times since the first time here.  These are a great little snack and there are several different things you can add to them.  They were a hit Saturday for the game as well.  So you might want to keep the supplies on hand so you can whip these up really quick on game day.
I have learned a lot since I made these.
Just a couple of things needed.
These are the won ton wrappers.  I learned something.  Make sure that two are not stuck together.  They won't get as crisp if there are two.  The first thing you need to do is cut them in half.  I have shown two different ways to do it.  If you are using some different seasonings you could cut them different based on the seasoning.
Lay them out on a baking sheet
Lightly brush with olive oil.  I need to get back out to the  olive oil place here in town for some herbed flavored olive oil.  I think that would be so good on these.
They all have some oil on them.
Grate some Parmesan cheese.  I mixed some Asiago cheese with it this weekend and it was good too.
Sprinkle the cheese on top.
Then add some cracked black pepper
This was sea salt but I have used some freshly ground Himalayan sea salt.  That made them less salty.
The original recipe calls for some fresh parsley.  I had some in the garden so I tried it.  I haven't used it since.
I added some cayenne pepper to some.  They were a little too spicy.  I like spicy but it was too much. Maybe a little less would be good.
They are ready to go in the oven.  Preheat oven to 375.  They need to bake for 4-8 minutes.  I usually put them in for 5 minutes and that is good.
Fresh from the oven.
Then enjoy.  They are really good warm but they are also good cold.
Here is another batch that I made without the parsley.
These got a little brown but they are single layers instead of having two stuck together too.

Parmesan Wonton Crackers Recipe

1/2 cup olive oil
wonton wrappers
fresh grated Parmesan cheese
fresh chopped parsley
salt and pepper
experiment with other herbs and spices
Preheat oven to 375  Bake for 4-8 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment