Friday, September 9, 2016

No Peek Chicken

These no peek recipes are really great to make if you can plan ahead and have plenty of time.  I love being able to put them together and then forget them.  While these recipes take a little time to cook in the oven you don't have to put it together in the mornings like when using a crock pot.  This recipe is a keeper and I will be making it again.

You know there are some dishes that are really photogenic on the plate and then there are others like this one that isn't pretty but it sure is good. 
This recipe calls for something that I don't normally keep in my pantry, cream of celery soup.  I will admit I was a little worried about it.  I like celery but wasn't sure how the cream of celery soup was going to be.  I was already trying to think of something I could substitute for it.  But it turned out okay and now I need to remember to pick up another can to keep on hand.
Start with a box of Uncle Ben's wild rice and the seasoning packet.
Add the can of cream of mushroom soup
the cream of celery soup
Then fill both cans with water.
Add that to the bowl.  Mix well.  Pour into a 9x13 pan.
Add the chicken on top.  I cup the chicken breast into smaller pieces.
Then add about half a package of Lipton dry onion soup mix to the top of the chicken.
Then tightly seal the pan with a piece of foil.  place in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for 2 1/2 hours.  Resist the urge to open the oven and peek.
It will be hard not to check on it because the smell is so good after about an hour and a half.  It is worth the effort to not peek.
Then serve with a veggie of your choice.  I roasted some cauliflower because Publix had the cauliflower on sale.

No Peek Chicken Recipe
1 box Uncle Ben's wild rice
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 cans of water
chicken breast
1/2 packet of Lipton's dry onion soup mix

Cover tightly with foil and bake for 2 1/2 hours at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment