Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

I know you are looking at this recipe and thinking I have already made an oatmeal bar.  I have but I had too many oats for my oat container so I needed to use them.  This is the recipe I ended up using for our get together.  These are really good and nice and gooey on the inside.  This oatmeal bar and the other one have just about the same ingredients, used a little differently but they taste totally different. 

Nice and golden brown on the outside and gooey on the inside.
I am going to use a mixture of milk and semi sweet chips in this recipe.
Start with 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups melted butter
2 eggs
2 cups chocolate chops.  Mix all this up well.  Batter will be thick.
Then spread out in a 9x13 baking dish.  Place in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and leet cool for 1 hour before cutting.  Longer is good too.  Not sure you can hold off cutting them.  They smell really good.
It's almost like butterscotch on the inside.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe

2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups melted butter
2 cups chocolate chips

Spread in a 9x13 baking dish.  Bake for 25 minutes.  Cool 1 hour before cutting.


No comments:

Post a Comment