Friday, September 16, 2016

Creamy Stovetop Mac and Cheese

I needed something else to go with dinner the other night.  You can't go wrong with mac and cheese.  It is comfort food at its best.  I changed the recipe up just a little bit at the end.  It was the basic recipe but I wanted to bake it just a little bit with some extra cheese.  I added something else to the top as well.
It sure smells good.
This recipe uses a blend of two cheeses.
I started by cooking my pasta first so I could use that pot without messing up another one.  So I gathered and measured my ingredients while I wanted.  Start with 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup flour.
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
The 16 oz of pasta is now cooked and drained.
Melt the butter in the pan.
Most melted before I put it back on the stove.
Add 1/4 cup flour
Stir well until it is well mixed and no lumps of flour.
Then add the heavy cream. And 1 cup milk.  ( I deleted the picture my mistake)
Stir well. It's beginning to bubble.
When it bubbles reduce heat and add 1 cup sharp and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.   Stir until the cheese melts.
Add the past to the pot and stir until coated.  You can eat now.
But I put it in a baking dish.
I dumped out a little panko breadcrumbs.
Added some parmesan cheese and mixed it.
Sprinkled it on top and put in a 350 oven I think.  I was baking my meatloaf and just added this to the oven for a little bit until the panko gets brown.
Then enjoy.

Creamy Stovetop Mac and Cheese Recipe

16 oz pasta
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup milk
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup sharp cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment