Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Crock Pot Potato Soup

I wanted to make potato soup for a friend that was not feeling well.  I have a recipe that I have used several times but wanted to try this new recipe.  This recipe did not have the Velveta cheese in it.  This one also uses shredded potatoes instead of the cubed potatoes.  I think you will like one too for a change.
It cooked up really pretty.  Add some extra cheese on top, some green onions and maybe a little more bacon.
You can make this pretty healthy with sodium free chicken stock and heart healthy cream of chicken soup.  I didn't use as much bacon as it called for.  I just put a taste of bacon.
While I was getting everything else ready I cooked the bacon.  I like to cook mine in the oven.  Very easy and it doesn't curl up as bad.  The recipe called for 3/4 cup of crumbled bacon.  I thought 4 pieces would be a nice taste.
Crock Pot liners are really good for recipes like this.  It makes for very easy cleanup.  Add 32 oz of shredded hash browns.
Add 32 oz chicken broth.
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz cream cheese.  I used either fat free or reduced fat.
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheese.
Drain the bacon slices well.
Chop up and add to the pot.   Cook the soup for 3 hours on High.  I don't usually cook on High but cooking it on High makes for a quicker meal.
It's ready to dip up and enjoy.  You don't have to wait for a cold winter night for a nice hearty potato soup.

Crock Pot Potato Soup Recipe

32 oz frozen shredded hash browns
32 oz chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz softened cream cheese
1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheese
3/4 cup cooked chopped bacon

Cook on High for 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment