Monday, September 19, 2016

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars

We had dinner on the grounds at church the other Sunday and we were suppose to bring desserts.  With the heat being what it is I knew I needed something that would melt, but would go far too.  These were great because I could cut them into small pieces because you know everyone wants a little taste of several different things. 
These were didn't make it into the container.  You know I had to sample them to make sure they were good enough to take.
Nice easy ingredients.  I have learned when I take my butter out to get to room temp I also set out the eggs that I am going to need.  I keep reading how eggs do better in baking when they are at room temp as well.
Start with 2 sticks of softened butter.  Whip it until they are nice and fluffy.
1 1/2 cups brown sugar.  Mix that in.
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups chocolate chips.  I used a mixture of milk and semi sweet chips.
The batter will be thick.
Use a jelly roll pan or a 15x10 pan to bake these bars in.  It said to no grease the pan but I had to lightly spray it.  I was afraid not to. Dump it out and spread it out in the pan.
It takes a little bit but it can be spread out in the pan pretty evenly.  Place in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Those edge pieces look nice and chewy.  I let this cool for most of the day before cutting it.
Then cut and enjoy.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe

1 cup butter softened
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon vailla
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 cups old fashioned oats
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Spread out in a 15x10 baking sheet.  Bake for 18-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment