Thursday, September 8, 2016

Roasted Cauliflower Steaks

I keep finding all these cauliflower recipes that look good and I save them but never buy the cauliflower to make them.  This week Publix had cauliflower on sale so I bought some and I made these cauliflower steaks.  Well, they started out as steaks and kinda broke apart.  It doesn't matter.  I was going for taste and not looks.
This was a good meal, not a pretty meal but a good one. 
These are some herbs d Provence but you can use any kind you like.
This was a really big head of cauliflower.  Start slicing it into thick pieces.  Some will break off but that is okay.
Put the pieces on a baking sheet.
All the cauliflower is cut and on the baking sheet.
Pour a little olive oil in a cup.
The recipe calls for 2 cloves of garlic so I put some in the oil to infuse the oil.
Mix it up well.
Brush the pieces on both sides with the olive oil.
Pepper both sides
Salt both side
This is the herbs.  I poured some in my hand so it would be easier to sprinkle on top.  You don't want a lot of spice.
It's sprinkled all over the top. Place in a preheated 400 oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
It was browner on bottom. It could have stayed in the oven a little longer.  The pieces are a little thick.
But it was good.

Roasted Cauliflower Steaks Recipe

1 head cauliflower
olive oil
2 cloves garlic
salt and pepper
Italian herbs or herbs to your liking.

Place in a preheated 400 oven.  Bake 15-20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment