Thursday, September 15, 2016

Valerie Bertinelli's Zucchini Chips

I enjoy watching Valerie Bertinelli's cooking show on Saturday mornings.  Well I tape it now that its football season.  A couple of weeks ago she made these zucchini chips.  I knew I had to try them for my zucchini boy.  He pretty much loves anything zucchini.  They didn't turn out just like Valerie's and I think I know why but they were good. 

I know it doesn't look like much but I think the had already been into them before I took the picture.
The amount you need depends of how many you want to make.  I used small zucchinis because I like them better.  Less seeds.
I used my mandolin to slice them evenly.  I don't think I cut them thin enough.  I think had they been thiner they would be gotten as crispy as hers did.  Also when using a mandolin be careful not to cut yourself.
Lay them all out on a paper towel to dry them off.
Place a paper towel on top as well.
Let sit for a little while to dry out.
Then in a bowl add 2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons vinegar  Valerie used malt vinegar.  I used balsamic.  I like the taste of balsamic better.
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Whisk that up good.  The salt with dissolve.
Dip the pieces into the mixture.  Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Place in a 225 oven.  Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  You are going to rotate the pans every 20 minutes.  Rotate top to bottom.  Yes I got distracted and did not take a picture of this step.
They really do shrink in the baking and you want to kind of dehydrate the zucchini pieces.

Zucchini Chips Recipe

zucchini
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons vinegar- balsamic
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Bake 225 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Rotate pans every 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment