Monday, January 25, 2016

Strawberry M&M's Blondies

I love finding the special flavors of M&M's when I go to the store.  I will pick up a bag thinking I will find something special to make with them. Then I have to search for recipes.  Some flavors are easier than others to find recipes.  This time I had to make my own, sort of.  When I bought them I was thinking something chocolate to have the chocolate covered strawberry flavor.  That didn't happen.  These are a nice gooey blondie with a hint of strawberry.  Not bad.
The middle is nice and gooey and the outside a little crisp.  Perfect blend.
 The strawberry M&M's are just at Walmart for Valentine's Day.
 Start with 2/3 cup
 Melt it in the microwave
 Add 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
 2 eggs  Mix that well.
 2 cups all purpose flour
 1 teaspoon baking soda
 1 teaspoon salt
 1 teaspoon almond extract.  I would next time use either 1/2 teaspoon almond or leave it out all together and add extra vanilla.
 1 teaspoon vanilla
 Mix well.
 The recipe calls for a 9x13 baking dish.  This baking dish is between a 9x9 and a 9x13.  Not sure of the size.  I wanted the blondes to be a little thicker than putting them in the 9x13.  I also baked it for a couple extra minutes.
 Here's a close up of the M&M's.
 Sprinkle the m&m's on top and press them in. Place in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for 25 minutes.  I added about 3 minutes with the smaller pan.
 Mine rose up around the m&m's so you really can't see them very well.
It doesn't matter that the m&m's can't be seen they are there and nice and gooey.

Strawberry M&M's Blondie Recipe

2/3 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package strawberry m&m's

Preheat oven to 350.  Bake for 24 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment