Monday, January 4, 2016

Easy Buttermilk Waffles

Happy New Years.  I am back after a really wonderful holiday season.   Hope you had a good holiday as well.  Time to start cooking normal, regular foods again.  I got a new waffle iron for Christmas so I have been looking for some new waffle recipes.  I found this one for the inaugural waffle bake.  Just a basic plain waffle.  Can't go wrong with that.  You can dress it up with some fruit on top and of course a dollop of whipped cream.  I didn't do that with these, but I might next time.
This was not the first waffle.  It took one or two to figure out how much batter to add.  Look at all those crevices for the syrup.
 Very simple ingredients.
 Start with 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
 1 Tablespoon baking powder
 1/4 teaspoon salt
 1/2 cup oil
 2 cups buttermilk
 2 eggs
 Then mix well.
 This is my new waffle iron. I like that it beeps when it is heated and then again when the waffles are done.
 I used a measuring cup to dip the batter into the iron.
Then enjoy.

Easy Buttermilk Waffles Recipe
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoons baking power
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup oil


No comments:

Post a Comment