Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Honey Lime Grilled Chicken

This was the last of the new recipes for Championship Monday.  We wanted some grilled chicken but something a little different.  I found this marinade and had the ingredients. (Isn't that half the battle of picking out a recipe) But to make it a little different I made the chicken into kabobs.  Who doesn't like kabobs?  I think you will like this recipe too.  The flavors say summer but we grill all the time so it was perfect.
I had some fresh pineapple that I put on the grill too.
 The cayenne gives it a little bit of heat to balance the honey.  Don't be afraid it isn't too hot.
 One reason I like to make marinades is that you can make them in zip lock bags and then throw them away for easy cleanup.  It also lets you moosh the meat with the ingredients.  Start with 1 teaspoon black pepper
 1 teaspoon kosher salt
 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
 2 Tablespoon honey
 zest of 2 limes
 Then the juice of 2 limes.  So no waste there.
 Here is the nice fresh juice
 1/4 cup olive oil
 Now the chicken breast.  If you want to do whole breast then add to the bag.  These are some of Fresh Market's boneless, skinless Tuesday 2.99 special chicken breast.
 Since I wanted kabobs, I cut them into pieces.  Not to big so they won't cook, but not too small to burn.
 Add to the marinade. You can let the chicken soak in the marinade for up to 24 hours in the fridge.
 I made the kabobs a little bit before putting on the grill. I added onions and peppers.
 I didn't get pictures on the grill because you have seen it all before. And there was a game coming on soon.
Here is our Championship Monday meal.  I think championships were earned all the way around.


Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Recipe

1/4 cup olive oil
zest and juice from 2 limes
2 Tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment