Friday, January 22, 2016

Snow Day Cranberry Orange Waffles

The other morning they told us we would wake up to snow, but we didn't.  I had planned on making these waffles in honor of the snow day.  So I still did.  I almost called them Not a Snow Day Cranberry Orange Waffles.  Whether you get a snow day or not you need to try these waffles.  They are supper easy and taste good too.  There's something about the orange cranberry flavors together.  They just scream Christmas/Winter.  Well they are saying it is going to snow again tonight so try them tomorrow morning.
I probably need to start heating my syrup to make it even better.
 Keep some Craisins on hand so you can make these when you crave them.
 Start with 2 cups all purpose flour
 2 teaspoon baking powder
 2 Tablespoon sugar
 1 cup milk
 1 egg
 About 3 Tablespoons orange zest.  I didn't measure this.  I just zested one orange
 3 Tablespoons orange juice.  I juiced the orange that I zested.
 1 cup dried cranberries
 Mix well.
 Dip out mixture into a heated waffle iron.  I love that mine beeps when it is done.  No more lifting the lid to see if it is done.
 This is the first one off the iron.  I don't think you can see the little dots of cranberry, but they are there.
Drizzle with syrup and enjoy with a little bacon maybe.

Cranberry Orange Waffles Recipe
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk
1 egg
3 Tablespoons orange zest
3 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 cup dried cranberries


No comments:

Post a Comment