Friday, January 29, 2016

Krispy Kreme Waffles

Yes you read that right.  Waffles made out of Krispy Kreme donuts. I was looking for waffle recipes a couple of weeks ago.  I found this recipe. I knew I was going to have to try it.  It really is a good use of those day old donuts.  I have a few notes that I will share with you as we go along.
According to the recipe you can add butter and syrup to these, but I chose not to add it.  It seemed like a little too much.
 Preheat the waffle iron.  Mine had settings for darkness and I used 2 because I didn't want them to burn.
 Only one at a time would fit on the iron.
 I kept a close eye on the waffle iron because I wasn't sure how long it would take.  They weren't cooking just heating up.  As they are heating they smell just like the donut shop.
 I had to peek.  I think this one is about ready.  One problem.  Look at the melted sugar that is seeping between the squares.  Yes it did make a mess.  But if you wait for it to cool it pulls up pretty well.
 First one done. Start all over again with a second one.
Okay for my notes.  They were really good while they were warm but when they cooled they got a little firmer/hard.  Not too hard to eat but not the soft gooeyness you are use to.  It was a nice experiment to try but I probably won't make them again.  They are not as good as the "hot nows".  But I am glad I tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment