Thursday, January 28, 2016

Does it Work 6

It has been a while since I brought you a Does it Work.  I just have not found any new little hints until now.  Today you are getting two for the price of one.  They both are about onions.  The other week on the new Valerie Bertinelli cooking show she gave these two hints.  So of course I had to try them.
 Cutting onions make you cry?  Well this hint is for you.  Before you cut your onion...
 Place it in the microwave.
 Set for 30 seconds and start.
 Take the onion out and cut the tops off and get ready to chop.  Now I notice a stronger smell of onion than normal.
 Then chop.  Now I found that it was a little harder to cut.  And I cried more.  I'm not sure if it is because I used a sweet onion or not.  But I didn't find this hint to work.  You can try it and see if it works for you.
 Now here is the second hint.  After you cut an onion you know how your hands smell of onion, no matter how much you wash them.  Wet your hands and use soap but then..
Run your hands along the stainless steel faucet.  It is suppose to get rid of the onion smell.  Well guess what folks, It Works!!.  No more smelly onion hands.  I bet it would work for garlic smells too. Don't know why it works but it does.  I have tried this one several times and it works each time.

So today I have two onion related hints for you.  Give them a try today.

No comments:

Post a Comment