Wednesday, November 28, 2012

25 Days of Christmas Cookies: Day 2 The Grinch Cookies

I saw these cookies and the recipe for Grinch punch and knew I had to have the first annual Family Grinch Night.  I tease my husband about being a Grinch at Christmas because he doesn't get in the spirit as early as I do.  He is getting better.  So tonight we are having our family Grinch party and watch the original ( sorry Jim Carey it's better) version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  I will post the punch tomorrow.  This is a fun activity that you and your family might want to start.
The cookies are very easy.  They start with a French vanilla cake mix.
Melt 6 Tablespoons of butter and let cool.
All nice and melted
While you are waiting on the butter to cool you can put together 1 cup confectioner's sugar and 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.  My sugar had some lumps in it and I had the time so I sifted it into a flat plate.
I will admit you can probably use less sugar.  I did throw away some when I finished.
Now to the cake mix add 2 eggs.
The melted butter.
And stir together.  The batter will be very stiff.
Add some green coloring.  I had some cake coloring but you could use regular food coloring too.  It will take a lot because you want it a pretty shade of green.
I ended up kneading it with my hands to get the color mixed well. Looks like the Grinch color to me.
Now roll into small balls and drop into the powdered sugar mixture.
Roll them around and put on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
My whole tray. Put them in a preheated 375 oven for 9 minutes.  They will look like they aren't done but they are.
Let them sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before you take them up.
Let them cool completely.
Now what Grinch would not like these cookies.

Grinch cookie recipe
1 box French Vanilla cake mix
6 T butter melted
2 eggs
green food coloring
1 c powdered sugar
1 t corn starch.


No comments:

Post a Comment