Monday, November 5, 2012

Politically Incorrect Chex Mix

I found this recipe a couple of months ago and printed it out for this week.  I work the polls for my voting location and we always take lunch and snacks for the day.  I knew this would be perfect for election day.  I don't know about you but I will be glad when everything is over.  With that said be sure and go and exercise your rights as an American citizen and vote.  Be sure and tell your election workers that you appreciate them because it is a very long day.  Now for Politically Incorrect chex mix.
I had to alter things a little from the recipe because I could not find the dark chocolate chex mix.  But I think chocolate is chocolate.
Find you a bowl that you can seal up and dump your chex mix.
Add a 1/2 cup or so of peanut M&M's.  You can use plain if you prefer.
Then add a 1/2 cup of the Hot tamales (little cinnamon candies).
Then you will need 8 or so peppermint patties.
You will need to cut those up.
Mix all together well.  I made a double batch of the mix.  Seal.

Politically Incorrect Chex Mix recipe

1 7oz bag Chex Mix chocolate dark chocolate snack mix
8 peppermint patties
1/2 c Hot Tamales
1/2 c M&M's

So mix up a batch, sit back and watch the returns Tuesday night.  Good thing there is cereal in the mix because it might be breakfast before all the returns are in.  Don't forget to vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment