Monday, November 19, 2012

Part 2: Cookie Icing

I know I said I would post this tomorrow but decided to go ahead and do it today with the cookies.  Rule 1 of icing cookies is to make sure they are completely cool before you start.  Usually I will wait until the next day to ice them but I only had a few this time. There are hundreds of recipes out there for icing cookies.  I tried this one mainly because it only made a little bit of icing.
This one did not call for meringue powder or egg white.
Sift one cup of powdered sugar.  You want to make sure there are no lumps in the icing.
The sifted powdered sugar.
I decided I better get the piping bag before I finish the icing.  Insert the plastic do hicky.
Cut the plastic bag end off and add the metal tip.
Then add the plastic ring and tighten.
It's easier to fill if you put it in a glass.
Back to the icing.  1Tablespoon light corn syrup.
1 Tablespoon milk.  You can add a little more milk if it is too thick.
Add a drop or two of lemon juice.
Now mix it all together.
Completely mixed.
I decided to add some color.  I had some burgundy color.  Hard to get Crimson.
Red tends to have a little pinkish tent to it.
Pour it in the piping bag.  I added a little bit of milk to it and it ended up being thinner than I would like.  Shouldn't have added the milk.
These are the cookies to be iced.
I was going to write on the cookies but because it was thinner than I had hoped they got iced instead.  I found some white shiny sugar so we have the crystal championship footballs.



My Championship cookies.  These are for you Stanford for beating Oregon.  Baylor you would have gotten some had you coach not talked bad about the SEC.  Roll Tide.

Cookie Icing Recipe

1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
1 drop lemon juice



No comments:

Post a Comment