Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Creamy Beef and Noodle Bake

Yesterday I had ground beef laid out for dinner and had one thing in mind to make for dinner, but after I made cookies I didn't feel like making my original recipe.  So I go to Pinterest and look at my folder for beef and found this quick and easy Kraft recipe.
Beef, noodles, cream of mushroom soup, veggies and cheese.  Can't go wrong with that.  Just this morning I had combined my odds and ends of frozen veggies into one bag so they are not entirely the mixed vegetables you might get in one bag.
Start out by cooking some onions in a little olive oil.
While they are cooking, mix one can of cream of mushroom soup...
One cup milk...
And one cup water.
Whisk it together.  The mixture will be a little runny.
Now add some ground beef to the onions and brown.  Drain the grease off when completely browned.
While the beef is browning, cook your noodles.  I didn't cook them all the way because they will finish cooking in the casserole.
Drain the noodles and then transfer to a 9x13 dish that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
Spread them out and cover the bottom.
Then add the drained ground beef on top of the noodles.
Sprinkle the veggies on top.
Then pour the soup mixture on top.

Now add cheese on top.
Cover and place in a preheated 375 oven for 25 minutes.
Remove the cover and continue cooking for another 10 or 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
The finished casserole.
Dinner. Nothing else is needed.

Creamy Beef and Noodle Bake Recipe

1 lb lean ground beef (I used more)
1 onion chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves crushed
3 cups egg noodles before cooking
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c milk
1 c water
1 1/2 c shredded cheese


No comments:

Post a Comment