Friday, September 14, 2012

Taco Cups

I found these on Pinterest several time and in several forms.  I kinda combined two recipes that I found. These would be fun for a party with a toppings table.  You could put all kinds of things on top.  They were very easy to put together.  Chopping up the toppings took longer than anything else.
This looks like a lot of ingredients but most things are toppings.
Chop a small onion and saute it in a little olive oil.
Add the ground beef to the onion and brown.  Drain the grease off.
Add the taco seasoning and 3/4 c of water per the pkg instructions.
Add the drained black beans.  I think some corn would be good in it too.
Spray a muffin tin with non stick spray.  I used two won tons in each tin to make it a little sturdier. But you can use one.
One recipe said to add some cheese dip to the botton of the tin.  My cheese dip happens to be white so it didn't show up much.
Next add some of the meat mixture.  One recipe said to put a little bit of mixture then put another won ton on top and repeat the layers.  So you could try that as well.
I put a drizzle of taco sauce on top.  You could use salsa too.
Add a little bit of cheese on top. Place in a preheated 375 oven and bake for about 15 minutes.  You can check them around the 10 mark.
Some of the toppings that I had for tonight.  Green onions and tomato chopped and cheese, sour cream and taco sauce.
Right out of the oven.
This is one set with tomatoes.
Another set with sour cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment