Friday, September 21, 2012

Apricot and White Chocolate Scones

I know the Olympics are over but I found so many scone recipes that I wanted to try I just had to make them.  I have noticed that the scone recipes have not had the interest that I had hoped.  I think if you tried them you would enjoy them.
I think what caught my attention in this recipe was the apricots and white chocolate.  I really like apricots. They remind my of my grandmother.
Add 1 3/4 c all purpose flour to a bowl.
Add 1/4 c sugar.
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
In a separate bowl add 1/3 c half and half cream and 1 egg.
Then slice up 1/3 c cold butter.
Now it is time to work out those arm muscles by cutting the butter into the flour mixture.  You want it incorporated really well into the mixture.  You will see small rounds of the butter.
Then add the liquid ingredients.  Now is the time to preheat the oven to 400.
Add the 1/3 c chopped dried apricots.  I added a little extra.  You can add some to the top of the scones if you like.  I just had mine inside.
Also add the 1/3 c white chocolate chips.
Mix well.
Gather the dough into a ball and flatten it out on a floured surface.
You want the dough a little thicker than when you roll out cookie dough. When cut out place in a preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Check the bottoms to make sure they are not getting too brown.
I used a biscuit cutter to make rounds.  Most scones are in a pie shape but I have yet to make them that shape.
Melt some white chocolate chips in a zip top bag.
Cut the corner off and use the bag to drizzle white chocolate on top of the scones.  Or at least that was the idea.
The bag broke so they are more covered instead of drizzled.  The best laid plans....


Apricot and White Chocolate Scones Recipe

1 3/4 c all purpose flour
1/4 c sugar
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/3 c chilled butter cut into pieces
1/3 c chopped dried apricots
1/3 c white chocolate chips + 1/3 c for the top melted
1 egg
1/3 c half and half cream



No comments:

Post a Comment