Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Zucchini Rounds

I have found yet another recipe that is a keeper using zucchini.  I think I am going to have to freeze a lot of it this summer so this winter I can continue to make these great recipes.
Zucchini, onion, cheese, egg and bread crumbs.  Sounds good doesn't it?
Go ahead and grate your zucchini first so that you can drain all the liquid off it before using it in the recipe.  I went ahead and grated it in the little strainer so it would be easy to drain.
I finely chopped about half of the medium onion.  I took a little bit longer and tried to make the pieces smaller than normal.
Put the egg, about 1/4 c of cheese, 1/4 c of bread crumbs and the onion in a bowl and mix well before adding the zucchini.
Squeeze out the zucchini one more time to get the extra moisture out.  Then add it to the bowl and mix well.
Spray a mini muffin pan with non stick spray.
Fill the muffin cups all the way to the top.  I smooshed it down to make it a little more compact. Add them to a preheated 400 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes.  You want to make sure that the centers are cooked completely too.
Fresh from the onion.  They smell wonderful.  Wish you could smell them.
The finished product.  You can use Italian flavored bread crumbs and mozzarella cheese to make them different.  I think I want to try panko in them next time to give them a little crunch.  I will let you know how they turn out when I do.

Zucchini Crisp Recipe

1 c grated zucchini drained well
1 egg
1/4 c diced onion
1/4 c cheese cheddar or parmesan
1/4 c bread crumbs plain or flavored

Mix well.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a mini muffin pan with non stick spray.  Fill muffin cups to the top with mixture.  Press down.  Bake 25-30 minutes or until the center is set and they are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment