Thursday, July 19, 2012

Alabama Parmesan Cherry Salad and Marie Callendar

You know some nights you come home and you really don't feel like standing in the kitchen and cooking dinner.  The only problem is your family wants to eat dinner.  Instead of running out and getting some fast food keep a few of these Marie Callender pot pies on hand.  I really like this one that has broccoli and chicken in it.  It can't be one of those quick meals because they take a little over an hour to bake but you will not be disappointed.  I think Publix has them on sale every now and then for like 4 for $10.00.  Stock up and have them on hand. (Publix needs to give me some free groceries.  I think I give a shout out to them just about every week)
Along with that pot pie you can have a quick and easy green salad.  This is a take on the Michigan cherry salad I had in Frankenmuth this summer on vacation.  I love these greens.  Add to them some dried cherries, sunflower seeds and parmesan cheese.
My nice salad.
My pot pie is ready also. Now with just the two of us I don't even have to heat up the kitchen with the oven I can cook these in the toaster oven.
Dump it out of the paper container and add a little pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment