Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A new twist to Sloppy Joes

I saw this recipe in a magazine somewhere but can't remember where it was.  This is a nice alternative to the regular bun version of Sloppy Joes.
You will need Manwich sauce, ground beef, frozen Texas Toast, and cheese.
Brown your ground beef, then drain the grease off.
Get your bread ready to go in the oven. Preheat oven per package directions.  I used parchment paper for easy clean up.
Empty the Manwich sauce into the ground beef.
Stir well.
After your toast has been heated per directions, add the sauce on top.
Add cheese of your choice on top and put back in the oven for a few minutes.  You want the cheese to get nice and bubbly.
And now you are ready to eat.  I hope you like this new twist to Sloppy Joes.  It seems that every time I want to make them I do not have buns, but you can keep this bread in the freezer just for this reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment