Friday, July 20, 2012

Pasta Grobmyer aka Pasta Carrabba

The last couple of times that I have gone to Carrabbas for Sunday lunch I have gotten a dish called Pasta Carrabba.  I really like the dish and thought "I can make this at home".  So here is my own creation that I like to call Pasta Grobmyer.
It's very easy to put together.  You need a couple of chicken breast, some English peas, Alfredo sauce and noodles. The dish at Carrabba's has mushrooms in it but I never get the mushrooms but if you like them add them too.

Empty the sauce into a large pot.  You won't need all the space in the pot right now but we are going to add the pasta after it is cooked.
Add a cup or so of green/English peas.  I like to use the frozen kind.  If you use some from the can then drain them.
Stir them up and heat on low for a few minutes.  You don't want it to burn, but you want the peas to cook.
Next you will need to cook the chicken.  I like mine grilled for this and instead of using the outdoor grill I brought out the George Forman.  You can do either.  I also cut the chicken in strips so it would cook quicker.
Get some nice grill marks.
Then cut the chicken into small pieces.
Throw it into the pot with the sauce and peas.
While you are doing all of this cook your fettuccine noodles according to the directions.  I also think bow tie pasta would be good for this one too.  I might try it next.
Drain pasta.
Put in the pot with sauce.
Mix well.


Plate and add a little fresh parmesan cheese.

Pasta Grobmyer Recipe

2 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 jar Alfredo sauce
1 cup of green peas
mushrooms if you like
cooked pasta.

This recipe would be easy to multiply for a larger family.  We had left overs for lunch the next day too. It reheats well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment