Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Leave It to Beaver Ground Beef Casserole

I didn't make up the name of this casserole but it did make me want to try it.  So Wally and Beav get washed up for dinner.  I really enjoyed the reruns of Leave It to Beaver.  Nothing seemed to difficult that it couldn't be solved in 30 minutes.  Life was simpler then.  Another name for this casserole is Homemade Hamburger Helper.  Call it want you want but do try this recipe soon.  And did I forget to tell you  it was a 30 minute meal?  You can't beat that.
I pulled out my pretty bowls for this dish tonight.
 You can use whatever kind of pasta you like.  I thought the shells were nice.  Same thing with the sauce.  Use whatever kind you like.
 Chop and sauce an onion and red pepper.
 Cook the pasta per package directions.
 Brown the ground beef.  Drain when it is browned.
 I placed the sauce in the pasta pot.  This sauce said it was spicy so I thought I would try it.  If you don't use a seasoned sauce make sure you add some seasoning to the sauce.  The spicy was good.
 Add the pasta back to the pot.
 Stir well.
 Then add the drained ground beef.
 Mix well.
 Add some grated cheese to the pot.  Whatever kind you like.
Dip up and add some more grated cheese to the top.

Leave It to Beaver Ground Beef Casserole Recipe

2-3 cups pasta
1 onion
1 lb ground beef
2-3 cloves garlic
1 red pepper
1 25ish oz jar of tomato/spaghetti sauce
cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment