Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Butterscotch Blondies

A couple of weeks ago it was Butterscotch Blondies Day and I really wanted to bake some but did not have enough butterscotch chips.  So the next time I went to the store I made sure that I had them on my list.  These are a great little treat to whip up for company or for dinner. 
This recipe makes a 9x9 but can easily be doubled for a 9x13 pan.
Make sure you keep some butterscotch chips in your pantry so you can make these.  You won't be disappointed.
Soften one stick butter.
Add 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar  Mix well.
Look at my pretty egg.  These are farm fresh, free range, Grant Mountain raised, eggs.  They are huge.  So if you need some eggs call my little egg men, Ben and Luke Martin and they will hook you up with some great eggs.
Look how pretty that yolk is.
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
Spray your 9x9 pan.  Spread the batter out evenly.  Place in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for 30-35 minutes.
This smells so good when it comes out of the oven. When school starts back, I know it just got out, these would be great lunchbox treats for special occasions.

Butterscotch Blondies Recipe

1 stick softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Bake for 30-35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment