Wednesday, June 1, 2016

World's Best Corn on the Cob

Okay this recipe had been floating around the internet lately.  For those of you that have followed me for a while you know when something says it is the best or world's best I have to give it a try.  So with Memorial Day bbq coming up I thought I would try it and see.  It is going to have to be pretty good for me to say World's Best because I like my corn on the cob.

So what do you think?  It looks good doesn't it?
Start with you corn on the cob, milk and butter.  Publix had this bicolor corn this week and I don't know where it came from but it was really good.
Measure out a cup of milk and 1/4 cup of butter.
Bring your pot of water to a boil.  Then add the cup of milk
And 1/4 cup of butter.  Let the butter melt and come back to a boil.
Then add the corn.  As you can see it boiled over some.
I had way too much water in the pot.  I did take some out.
Let it boil.  The recipe says 8-9 minutes.  I let mine go a little longer because I like mine well cooked.
Then remove from the pot.  You really don't need extra butter.
Salt and pepper and enjoy.  I'm not sure it is the world's best but it was pretty good.  I will be using this method to make corn again.

World's Best Corn on the Cob Recipe

5-6 ears of corn
1 cup milk
1/2 stick of butter





No comments:

Post a Comment