Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Cranberry Pecan Tea Sandwiches

These little sandwiches I made to go with some chicken salad the other day.  There are a lot of options you can do with these as well. You can mix up the cream cheese mixture and use it on bagels as well. 
This is the Pepperidge Farms cinnamon swirl bread.  In the fall they make a pumpkin bread and a cranberry bread that would be so good with this spread. 
You only need 4 oz of the cream cheese.  So now you will need to find something else to use the other 4 oz of cream cheese.
I put 3 Tablespoons of dried cranberries in a food processor.  I actually used more than the recipe called for because I wanted lots of flavor in the cream cheese.
Then I put 2 Tablespoons pecans in the processor.  I didn't measure them I just put a handful in.
The pecans and cranberries are chopped into small pieces.
Then I added the softened cream cheese.
Mix it well.  You can further mix it when you put it into the bowl.  Look at all of those cranberry and pecan pieces chopped up.
I transferred it into a bowl.  Now I let my sit overnight so the flavors all blend well.  If you do put it in the fridge overnight then let it sit out for a few minutes so that it will be easier to spread.
Spread a lot on the bread to make a sandwich.  You can cut the crust off the bread if you want to make it even fancier.
Then enjoy your little sandwiches.
Another good use for the spread is on vanilla wafers.
This makes a really good afternoon snack.

Cranberry Pecan Tea Sandwiches Recipe
4 oz softened cream cheese
3 Tablespoons dried cranberries
2 Tablespoons pecans


No comments:

Post a Comment