Saturday, July 15, 2023

Traveling with the Grobmyers Day 9 July 15, 2023

 This morning I found a diner online I wanted to try because they had cherry pancakes on the menu. I wasn’t sure if it would be cherries on top or what. I was pleasantly surprised. Wait until you see them. The name of the diner was I84 Diner. Just a short distance from our hotel.




The cherries were cooked in the pancakes and they were the small tart ones like we use to have on a tree at home. This brought a little taste of my childhood back this morning.


Joe’s breakfast.





These beautiful lilies were at the entrance to the diner.

Now today we only had one goal to reach our next hotel in Lee, MA. Joe found a couple of antique  stores along the way and I had a quilt shop. So we were on a road less traveled. In the past we have had some happy surprises on the road less traveled; in Minnesota a Frank Lloyd Wright house, in upper New York the Jello museum and today FDR’s Presidential Library.


















The following were items in Eleanor Roosevelt’s purse when she died.


Including a conceal handgun permit.

We left there after spending a couple of hours there. There is also a Vanderbilt house in the same area that is also a national historic site. All of this is in Hyde Park New York.

I made it to my quilt shop, Pumpkin House Quilts in Lee, MA. I have been here once before. Norman Rockwell’s museum is also in Lee.












Tomorrow is a quiet day. It is suppose to rain all day. We might take in a movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment