Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Pina Colada Dump Cake

This is the second dump cake that I have tried from the cook book I checked out of the library.  I know, even if you won't admit it, but you have been sucked in to those infomercials that shows all the different dump recipes.  I know I have, not as much as the painting guy, though.  If you like coconut you will love this recipe.
All that toasted coconut on the top is so pretty.
 The recipe says you can use white, yellow or coconut cake mix.  I didn't know they made a coconut cake mix so I had to find it and try it.
 Layer the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with 2 cans of crushed pineapple.  Include the juice.
 Top the pineapple with the cake mix.  Spread out well.
 Measure out 1 cup coconut.
 Sprinkle across the top.
 Melt 1 stick of butter.
 Evenly pour it across the top of the cake.
 It will help the coconut brown up too.  Place in a preheated 350 oven for 35-40 minutes.
 It smells so good.
Unlike some dump cakes I don't think this one needs any ice cream.

Pina Colada Dump Cake Recipe

2 cans crushed pineapple
1 box coconut, yellow or white cake mix
1/2 cup butter melted
1 cup shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 35-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment