Friday, May 31, 2013

Lemon Mint Lemonade

When we were in Germany I had this lemon mint lemonade one night at dinner.  It was very refreshing so I thought I could make it when I got home.  I tried this the other night and it tasted very much like what I had in Germany.  The main difference was they made theirs with some kind of fizzy water.  I think next time I might try it with the flavored fizzy water.  I think they make a lemon lime flavor.
You can use whatever kind of lemonade you like.  I really like the flavor of the KoolAid lemonade.
Add 1 cup of sugar to the package mix.  I like to use Splenda with KoolAid.
Fill the pitcher with water.  Stir to make sure all the powder is dissolved.
This is actually the second time I have made this.  The first time I chopped the mint and put it in the pitcher.  The problem with that is that you get bits of mint when you drink.  Not that pleasant.  So I thought a loose tea holder should work.
So I gathered several mint leaves.  You can use as many or as few as you like.
Chop them up pretty good.
Fill the tea holder with the mint.
Hook it to the side and let it dangle in the lemonade.
I put a few loose mint leaves in to float around.

No comments:

Post a Comment