Wednesday, May 15, 2013

French Onion Pot Roast

I saw this new recipe for pot roast and thought it sounded interesting.  Now I make a pretty good pot roast if I do say so myself so I am sure you are wondering why try something new.  I had a can of golden mushroom and French onion soups.  I will let you know at the end the verdict on this roast.
This roast still has potatoes and carrots with it.
Wash the little new potatoes and put them in the bottom of the crock pot.  I like using the mixed potatoes.  If they are large cut them in half.
Cut up about 4 carrots.
Cut up an onion also.
The recipe calls for cutting the roast in half.  Now part of that is good because you can cut out some of the fat.  But I have to wonder if it is like that story of the mother that cuts the roast so her daughter did and one day she asked her mother why.  The mother says her mother cut hers. So she asks grandmother and she says it's because the pot was too small.  So put the pieces on top of the veggies.
Add one bay leaf.
In a bowl put 1/2 cup of water.
Add the golden mushroom soup.
And the French onion soup.
Whisk together.
Pour on top of the roast.
Cover the crock pot and cook on high for 1 hour, then reduce heat to low for 7-8 hours.
At the end of the cooking time.
Ready for dinner.
Yummy dinner.  Well this roast was good but I think mine is a little better.  The meat was tender and tasty, but mine falls apart.  I will make this one again but not as often as mine.

French Onion Pot Roast Recipe.

small new potatoes
4 medium carrots
1 large onion
chuch roast trimed and cut in half
1 can French onion soup
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 bay leaf.


No comments:

Post a Comment