Friday, May 24, 2013

Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken

This is a great recipe and whether I make the chicken part of it a lot or not I know I will make the honey mustard sauce again.  This sauce would be great to have on hand.
This recipe doesn't have many ingredients and I would suggest you keep them on hand to make this sauce any time you have chicken fingers.
Put about 4 cups of pretzels in the food processor to chop.  I didn't really measure them.
You want some smaller pieces of the prezel in the breading so don't pulverize them.
Place on a shallow plate.
Now for the dressing.  1/2 cup olive oil.  I use the light tasting.
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup water
3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
Place all the ingredients in the food processor
Pulse.
Pour about half in a bowl.
I sliced the chicken into smaller pieces.
Dip to coat in the mustard sauce.
Then place in the pretzels.
Place on a foil lined cookie sheet.  Spray the foil. I didn't and they stuck a little. Place in a preheated 400 oven.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.  Let sit for 5 minutes.
Well I don't know what happened to the pictures of the chicken when it came out of the oven.  They seem to have disappeared.

Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken Recipe
4 cups pretzels coarsely crushed
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup water
3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
salt and pepper
boneless skinless chicken breast.


No comments:

Post a Comment