Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tears free onion glasses

Well I have a guest chef cooking dinner for me tonight so no new recipes for today, but I do have something I want to share with you.  I will share kitchen items with you from time to time that I like using or that have made my life easier.  Tonight is the first of those items.
These are onion glasses.  The other day when I was cutting all those onions for the peppers and onions that I posted I thought my eyes would not stop tearing up.  I remembered an episode of Paula Deen's show where she had some onion goggles.  So I went to Amazon (you can find anything you want and things you did not know you wanted at Amazon) and found several different kinds.  I liked these because they looked like regular glasses and they were pink.  They came in the mail on Monday and I couldn't wait to use them.  Last night while I was making the taco salad and cut the onion I used them. THEY WORK!!!!! No more tears! If you cut a lot of onions like I do it is well worth the money to purchase a pair.  My husband just said I couldn't post a picture wearing them though because he says they are not attractive.
Thanks for letting me share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment