Thursday, May 24, 2012

Memories

Today has been a bittersweet day for me.  Today after twenty-five years I am retiring from teaching.  Today was the last day with our kids.  While I am looking forward to all the things I will be able to do with all my free time, I am really going to miss my co-workers and kids.  The people I work with and have worked with are some of the finest people you could ever hope to work with.   I was doing fine until Tuesday when it was my daughter's last day of school ever.  Then it hit me this was not going to be summer vacation like normal.  As I told them at school this is not goodbye but see you later.  I know I will continue to stay in touch and will probably drop in from time to time with some special treats for them.  Thank you for a wonderful twenty-five years.  I will miss your friendship and day to day contact.  I will not miss the drive in every morning although I will miss out on some beautiful sunrises.
I promise tomorrow I will be back with more recipes and pictures for you.  I have some former co-workers I have to teach to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment