Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

As we spend time with family and friends today grilling out and having fun  take a moment to remember those past and present that have made this day possible.  Let's thank those that protect and defend the way of life that we take for granted each and every day.  Let's also thank those families that have had to stay behind and celebrate holidays and family events without loved ones that are serving in foreign lands.

Now on to dinner.  I thought I was going to have a guest chef today showing us how he made his delicious pork shoulder.  But he informed me that he would not share his recipe with me or my blog because it was "a family secret recipe". So no pork shoulder for you sorry.
Speaking of ancient family secret recipes I don't know if you have tried Bush's grilling baked beans but if you haven't you really need to try them.  I like the Southern pit barbeque flavor.  All I have to do is add a little Dreamland sauce and pop them in the microwave for a couple of minutes to heat and they are as good as mine but with a lot less work involved.  Check them out.  Publix has them buy one get one free this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment