Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sausage Balls

To continue the party foods theme, today I chose to make sausage balls.
Three very simple ingredients make these wonderful sausage balls.  I like using one pound of hot and one pound of mild and mix them.  I also use the Heart Smart Bisquick.  This does not change the taste at all.  I use Colby-Monterey Jack cheese just because I like it.  You can use whatever type of cheese you like.
I bring out the big guns to mix these up.  I find that it is much easier to let my mixer do the work.
I cut the hot and mild sausage packages in half and use one of each in each recipe.  I usually make a double batch when I make them and put them in the freezer to use when I need them.
Add one cup of Bisquick at a time and mix.
After the third cup of Bisquick is added and mixed...
Add the two cups of cheese and mix.
This batch is fully mixed and ready to roll into balls.
I roll them and put them on a cookie sheet so I can put them in the freezer for a couple of hours.
When all of this batch is rolled start over again with the second batch.
This is both batches rolled and ready for the freezer.  As you can tell the balls start getting bigger the closer to the end.  I really get tired of making all these balls.
I had to bake a couple of them to taste to make sure they were fit to eat. :) If they are not frozen I bake them at 375 for about 15 minutes.  If they are frozen they take about 20-22 minutes.

Sausage balls Recipe

3 c Bisquick
1 lb sausage
2 c cheese

Mix together well and then roll into balls.  If you do not use them right away freeze to be used later.

No comments:

Post a Comment