Friday, November 24, 2023

Orange Glazed Ham

 Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to find spiral cut hams in the stores. Most come with a packet of spices you can use when you bake them. In fact I found a salted caramel flavored one. I wish I had tried it. I had this recipe that I wanted to try so I set aside the spice packet for another day.


It came out really nice with a lot of juices and smelling great.


This is all you need to make a flavorful ham.


Take the ham out of its packaging and place in a baking dish.


Measure out 1/3 cup orange juice.


6 oz of a lemon lime soda or ginger ale. I had Sprite so that is what I used.


Mix the two


I decided I wanted the ham on its side but it was not cooperating with me. Pour the liquid all over he ham.


I added these skewers to keep the pieces together.


Now put 6 ish Tablespoons of brown sugar on top and in between the slices.


The brown sugar is all over the ham.


Cover well with foil. Place in a preheated 325 oven. Bake for about 2 hours.


After two hours. Take the foil off.


Baste some with the juices. Put back in the oven for another 15 minutes.


Let it sit for a few minutes before removing the slices from the bone.

Orange Glazed Ham Recipe

1 8-10 lb bone in spiral ham

1/3 cup orange juice

6 oz lemon lime soda

6 Tablespoons brown sugar

Preheat oven to 325 bake for 2 hours. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment