Monday, November 27, 2023

Cinnamon Clove Coffee Cookies

 This is the first cookie I made for the 2023 season. I thought it sounded interesting to have a cookie with coffee grounds in it. I did learn one thing, I would grind them a little finer. I used some coffee my husband had ground. It was the bottom of his bag of beans and he just ground all of them. He ground to make coffee not cookies.  It was fresh Colombian coffee. And yes he knew I used his coffee.


These cookies almost look like tea cakes. But they pack a punch between the clove and coffee.

That’ the coffee in the green container. It smells good. I don’t drink coffee but I will admit it smells good.

Start with 2 sticks softened butter.


1 1/2 cup sugar. Mix well.


Mix well.

Add 2 eggs


2 teaspoons baking powder 


2 teaspoons cinnamon


1 teaspoon ground cloves


1 Tablespoon fresh ground coffee.


1/4 teaspoon salt


Mix everything well. It smells very good.


Gradually add 2 1/4 cups plain flour. Scrap your sides.


You can see some flecks if coffee in the cookies. Place in a preheated 350 oven and bake for 12-14 minutes.


Cinnamon Clove Coffee Cookies Recipe

2 1/4 cups plain flour

2 teaspoons baking powder 

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground cloves

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 sticks softened butter

1 1/2 cup sugar

2 eggs

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 Tablespoon fresh ground coffee

Preheat oven to 350. Bake for 12-14 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment