Monday, November 13, 2023

Italian Grinder Sliders

 A friend of mine was telling me about these sandwiches she had made a couple of weeks ago. It seems they are a Tic Tok sensation. I wouldn’t know I’m not in Tic Tok but I did look up the recipe. There are a couple of different versions of it. This version makes sliders. I may make the other version next week. They make a great game day food. So here goes.

There are three separate steps to making these.
Step 1


This is the meat, cheese and bread section.


Cut the rolls in half.


Place the bottom half in a baking pan.


Make a layer of cheese on bottom.


Then a layer of ham.


Then a layer of pepperoni.

A layer of salami.

Put the top layer in.

Now slice them into sandwiches. I use this scraper cutter thingy. It cuts right through.
For right now I just cut them into rows. 
Step 2

For the second part melt 2 Tablespoons butter

Add 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan. You know the green jar kind.

1/4 teaspoon salt


1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 

Mix it well.

Brush it on the tops of the sandwiches.

All the tops coated.
Place in a preheated 350 oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes. I checked after 15 minutes and they were nice and brown.
Step 3


While they are baking get the salad ready.


Add 8 oz of shredded lettuce in a bowl.


This recipe called for the pepperoncini peppers. I wasn’t going to use them but the husband said they sounded good so I used them. 


I chopped just a couple of them up, and put them in the bowl.


This recipe did not call for onions but I like them. I prefer sweet onions to red ones and that is what I had.


Add 1/2 teaspoon salt


1/2 teaspoon pepper


1 teaspoon Italian seasoning


1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar


1/4 cup mayo.


Mix it all together really well.

The recipe calls for chopping a tomato in with the lettuce but I don’t like them but my husband does so I put them on his sandwich.

Out of the oven.

Take the top off and add the lettuce mixture to the top of the meat.

One sandwich with tomatoes 


One without. They were so good and easy to put together.

Italian Grinder Sliders Recipe

Sliders

12 Hawaiian rolls

Thinly sliced ham

Provolone cheese slices

Thinly sliced pepperoni

Thinly sliced salami

Glaze

2 Tablespoons butter

2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

Grinder salad topping

8 oz shredded lettuce

1/2 cup diced tomato

Pepperoncini peppers

1/4 cup mayo

1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar

1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Bake for 15-20 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment