Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Elf Cookies

 

I don’t know if you can tell or not but there is some shiny sprinkles on top of the cookie. It shows up more in the light. The cookies got a little browner than I would have liked. I’m going to adjust the baking time from what the recipe called for.

Now I have to share something with you. The original name of these cookies is Elf Poop Cookies. While funny some people might not like the name so I am just calling them Elf cookies. But I had to share this picture of how the cookies are really made. Keebler has elves in the trees, I have elves in my freezer making cookies, or at least Elf PoopCookies. I hope it at least makes you smile today.
Now on to the recipe that my Elves make. Very easy recipe and you can use any kind of sprinkles you like. 


Start with 2 sticks softened butter.
Add 1 1/2 cups sugar. Mix well.

Then add two eggs. Another baking hint here. Crack your eggs into another bowl instead of the cookie dough bowl. Learn from my mistakes. You could get shell into your batter. No one wants that.


Add 2 Tablespoons of vanilla. The original recipe calls for peppermint extract but you could substitute vanilla. Not everyone likes peppermint flavoring and sometimes it can taste like medicine so I went for the vanilla.
1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix all this well.
Now gradually add 2 1/2 cups plain flour. Mix after every addition. Scrap down the sides.

Add 1 cup mini chocolate chips.


I had two different kinds of sprinkles so I mixed them. You need 1 cup of whatever kinds of sprinkles you use. When it is not Christmas you can make unicorn cookies and put all kinds of multicolored sprinkles in the dough. Now mix the chips and sprinkles up in the dough.


Look at all those sprinkles.

These are my two test cookies.

I had some silver and shiny white sprinkles/glitter for the tops of the cookies. I tried a cookies with one of each. After baking you really couldn’t tell a difference in the colors. The silver might have been a little shinier. Place in a preheated 350 oven. The recipe calls for cooking for 15 minutes. At the time I thought that was a long time but followed the recipe. Next time I will bake for 12 minutes to test. You can always add more time in one minute increments. 

These are going in the freezer. I did not put the shiny on them yet. I will wait until I bake them and add it then.  I will make a note on the bag that goes in the freezer.

Enjoy.

One more look at Elfie.

Elf Cookies Recipe

1 1/2 cup sugar
2 sticks softened butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla or peppermint extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 cup sprinkles
1 cup mini chocolate chips. 
Preheat oven to 350. Bake 12-15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment