Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Crispy Parmesan Carrots

 I like carrots but they can sometimes be a boring vegetable. I saw this recipe and I thought cheese what can be bad right. They are very flavorful and good. It’s roasted vegetables taken up a notch. I think you could probably do other vegetables the same way. 

Don’t they look yummy?


What treks the longest time is peeling the carrots. 


I made the spice mixture first. 2 teaspoons smoked paprika 


1 teaspoon cumin. Smells like tacos!

1/2 teaspoon chili powder 

Then peel and quarter your carrots. 
I put the slices in a larger bowl.


Add about 2 large garlic cloves minced. I doubled this recipe for the night but I’m showing a single portion of spices. So if you think it looks like more it’s because it is.

Add 2 Tablespoons olive oil.
Add it to the spice mixture.


Mix it all together.

Pour it over the carrots.

Toss to coat. You want spices on all the carrot pieces.
Grate some Parmesan cheese. The recipe says 70 grams and I’ll be honest I don’t know how much that is. I just grated some and then when I used all of it grated some more. You can never have too much cheese.

Get out your baking dish. I lined mine with the non stick foil. Sprinkle some of the cheese on the pan.

Now put your carrots on the pan. Make sure the cut side is down.


Sprinkle some more cheese on top. Place in a preheated 400 oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Crispy Parmesan Carrots Recipe
6 medium to large carrots
Parmesan cheese grated
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 minced garlic cloves
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Pinch of sea salt

Preheat oven to 400. Bake for 20-25 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment