Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Super Bowl Pizza Panini

I know it has been a while since the Super Bowl, but I am just now getting around to posting this.  The beauty about these wraps are that you can put whatever your favorite toppings inside.  You could also make these on the stove if you do not have a panini press.


Pizza in wrap form.

Gather up whatever pizza toppings you like or have on hand.
Start with a flour tortilla.  I bought the big ones for this.  Spread a little pizza sauce in the middle.
I had some browned ground beef with onions.  I added that and some chopped bell peppers.
I bought a ball of fresh mozzarella cheese and cut that and placed on top.
Add the pepperoni.
A little freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Then roll up.  Start by folding the bottom up, then the top down.
Fold one side in and then the other side over.  Hold in place.
Spray with a little spray butter.
Have your press preheated.
Lay the edge side down to seal.
Then close.  Let cook until all the cheese is melted.
Remove from the grill and cut.  There were lots of good juices inside so it was very messy.  A two napkin job.  I have learned something I want to share.  To clean the press, get a paper towel and dampen it.  Before you cut it off lay the paper towel on top and close it.  The steam will help clean the grills.  Turn it off and let sit until the paper towel has cooled off.

No comments:

Post a Comment