Wednesday, February 4, 2015

National Signing Day Celebration Cookies

I have to do a little bragging today.  I have had the privilege to attend a National Signing Day signing.  Let me explain a little for those of you not familiar with college football.  Today is the first day that high school seniors can sign a letter of intent to play college football at a particular school.  I got to attend one of my former student's signing.  We have talked about this since he was in middle school.  I had told him I wanted to come to his signing, and I would make him a cake unless he signed with Auburn.  Well I didn't quite make him a cake but I did make him some special cookies.  So today I get to mark off my list one thing, seeing a former student sign to play college ball.  Then this fall I can mark something else off when I get to see him play.  Syracuse may be a long way away but you take all of us with you when you go.  Best of luck and Go Orangemen.
It's official.  Steven will be an Orangeman next year.
Use the long sprinkles instead of the little ball sprinkles.  The long ones won't run in your batter.
Start with 1 stick softened butter and 3/4 cup sugar.
Beat it a little to break up the butter.
Add an egg and beat more until smooth.
1 teaspoon vanilla
Beat well and then add 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour.  Add a little at a time and mix well between adding flour.
Fold in 1/2 cup sprinkles.
Mix well.  You want the sprinkles to be through all the batter.  This is a soft batter too.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Roll the dough into balls and place on the sheet.
Add a few extra sprinkles on top of the cookies.  Now place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.  This will keep the cookies from spreading as much.  After their time in the fridge bake in a preheated 350 oven for 8 minutes.  Do not bake them any longer even though they do not look done.  Let them cool on the cookie sheet for about 3 minutes.
They look like a celebration on a plate.
Another picture from this morning.

NSD Celebration Cookies Recipe

1 stick softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup sprinkles
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.  Preheat oven to 350.  Bake 8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment