Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pink Snowball Puffs

I wanted to make some treats to take to some people for Valentine's Day.  I thought these little pink cookies would be just the thing.  Even though they didn't turn out just like the picture, mine spread a little, they do look festive.

 This is a basic butter cookie.
 Start with 2 sticks softened butter.
 1 cup light brown sugar.
 Mix that well until fluffy and add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil
 I then added my coloring because I wanted it to be mixed well.  You can use any shade of pink or any other color you want.  Use the gel colors instead of food coloring.
 Add 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
 Mix well.
 Roll into small balls.  I think here is where I should have put them in the fridge for a couple of minutes or hours.  Place in a preheated 350 oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
 Get the powdered sugar ready for when the cookies are baked.  I originally put it in a zip lock bag.  Then when I saw the cookies were flat and not little balls I put the powdered sugar in a bowl.
 Let the cookies sit for just a minute or two before rolling in powdered sugar.
 They look like Valentine's Day.
A little box of Valentine treats.

Pink Snowball Puffs Recipe

1 cup softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
pink coloring
powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350  Bake for 15 minutes then roll in powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment