Monday, October 6, 2014

Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken

Another really simple crock pot recipe that was so good.  I am so glad I have been able to find these really simple, good recipes.  It isn't fun not having a kitchen when you enjoy cooking.  There will be pictures soon of my current cooking space.  Some of you won't believe it. Some of you might say but that is all the room I have now. No matter which you think there are big changes coming for Dinner with the Grobmyers.
It might not be real pretty but it sure was good.
I'm using more of that Miss St cheese today.  Crock pot liners, can't say enough good things about them. Now that I do not have a dish washer cleaning a messy crock pot is not on my list of things to do.

Smooth your liner inside.
Place your chicken in the bottom. The recipe says that they can be frozen or thawed.  I have never put frozen ones in the crockpot because I don't want all that extra juice in my recipe.  You know all that yucky juice that is on the chicken when it thaws.
If you are using block cheese cut your pieces.  You can use sliced Swiss cheese.
Place the cheese on and around the chicken.
Cover with a can of cream of mushroom soup.
Add 1/2- 1 cup of Italian flavored bread crumbs.  I didn't have the Italian bread crumbs so...
I sprinkled some Italian seasonings on top.
Melt 1/2 cup of butter
Pour on top of the chicken.
Cover and cook for 7-8 hours.
I have to share my new plates I found.  I thought they were really cute.  I found them at the Hallmark store.  They also had Auburn ones and I must admit they were pretty cute too for Auburn.  They had the trees that had been rolled on them.
Once again served with some rice and a veggie.

Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken Recipe

boneless skinless chicken breast
slices of Swiss cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2-1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup melted butter



No comments:

Post a Comment