Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pig Pickin Pie

Last weekend I was looking for something to make for Saturday.  We were playing the Arkansas Razorbacks so when I saw the name of this dessert I knew I had to make it.  Of course it has nothing to do with pigs or pickin so I don't know how it got it's name.
Call it whatever you want but it was good.
Yes I was surprised too that it had regular crackers in the recipe.
Put two sleeves of crackers in a zip lock bag so they can be crushed.
Normally I would use a rolling pin to crush them but these days I don't know where the rolling pin is located.  Use a glass or whatever you might have to crush the crackers.
Place the cracker crumbs in a bowl.
Melt 1 stick of butter.
Add 1/4 cup of sugar to the cracker crumbs.
Then pour the melted butter.  Stir until the crackers are coated.
Spread in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.  Again I don't know where my pans are so I used an aluminum pan which means no clean up.
All evenly pressed in the bottom of the pan.  Set aside for later.
Empty a 20 oz can of crushed pineapple in heavy syrup into a bowl.  The heavy syrup fruit is getting harder to find.
Empty a 5.1 oz package of instant vanilla pudding mix into the pineapple.
Mix well.
Fold in a 16 oz carton of Cool Whip.
Mix well.
Spread out in the pan over the cracker crumbs. Cover and place in the fridge.  Chilling overnight is best but at least a couple of hours.
Serve.


Pig Pickin' Pie Recipe

2 sleeves butter flavored crackers, crushed
1/2 cup butter melted
1/4 cup sugar
1 20 oz can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup, undrained
1 5.1 oz package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 16 oz cool whip


No comments:

Post a Comment